Good times are coming to Cedar Park

Ever sat at home, bored out of your mind on a weekend? Was it because you didn’t have money to do anything or simply because you were lazy? Fear not, fellow Cedar Park citizens, for there is plenty to do in our little town, including live concerts, charity events and even comedy acts. Here are just a few:

1. Carrie Underwood at the Cedar Park Center, April 27 at 7:30 PM

Hit country artist and American Idol winner Carrie Underwood is touring the nation on the “Blown Away” tour and she’s even hitting our fairly small town. Grab a friend or two and get your tickets before they’re gone. Tickets on Stubhub range anywhere from $108 to $401.

2. Cedar Park Pro Rodeo at the Cedar Park Center, June 21-23 at various times

Although Rodeo week is officially over, those who missed out can still get $15 tickets at Ticketmaster to go see the Professional Bull Riders. Although there are no live concert, most people say they really put on a show. But again, tickets are sure to go quickly, so rodeo-lovers: get them while you can.

3. The Killers at the Cedar Park Center, May 10 at 8:00 PM

If country music isn’t your thing, you can certainly go see the Killers, an alternative band, at the Cedar Park Center this summer. Seats are going fast, so get yours while you can at Stubhub for $55 to $1,000.

4. Tracy Morgan at the Paramount Theater, June 1 at 9:00 PM

Tracy Morgan (from 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live) will be performing stand-up comedy act titled “Excuse my French” at the Paramount Theater also in downtown Austin for one night only. Get your tickets here for only $40.50 (including wheelchair accessible seats) before they’re gone or at Stubhub from $88.

5. Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy at the Cedar Park Center, May 16-19 at various times

Disney on Ice is fun for the whole family, featuring well-known characters such as Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen, and Buzz Lightyear. For more information, including ticket sale dates, click here. Tickets will be sold at Ticketmaster for $18.

6. Scooby-Doo! Live: Musical Mysteries at the Frank Erwin Center, May 19 at various times

Who doesn’t love Scooby-Doo? Fun for you and your little brothers and sisters, this new musical features the whole gang as they solve yet another mystery. Tickets are on sale now from $13 to $65 at the Texas Box Office.

7. Austin Urban Music Festival at Auditorium Shores, March 29 at 3:00 PM

Showcasing local talent, the Austin Urban Musical Festival is the place to be for a cheap, great show for hip-hop and rap lovers. It also features the up-and-coming diva Brandy. For more information or to purchase tickets from $25, click here.

8. Bon Jovi at the Frank Erwin Center, April 10 at 7:30 PM

Bon Jovi, the classic rock n’ roller best known for his single and “Livin’ On a Prayer”, is coming to Austin on his “Because We Can” tour. The best part? Tickets start at only $9.50 and there’s not a bad seat in the house. Get yours online now at the Texas Box Office.

9. Live concerts at the Austin360 Amphitheater, April-June

Huge names such as the Lumineers, Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, and even Jimmy Buffett are coming to the brand new Austin360 Amphitheater to keep you entertained for the summer break. Click here for details.

10. Texas Stars at the Cedar Park Center, April 6-7 and April 19-20 at various times

Any hockey fans out there? The Texas Stars are going to battle it out in the Cedar Park Center with the Oklahoma City Barons, the Hamiliton Bulldogs, the Houston Aeros, and the Rockford IceHogs. A must-see for hockey-lovers, as these games will determine who makes it to the play-offs. You can purchase tickets on Ticketmaster for as little as $15 by clicking on the opponent you want to see.

11. Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran at the Frank Erwin Center May 21 at 7:00 PM

Taylor Swift, the sensational country-pop artist, is going to be just miles from your home on May 21. Don’t miss it and order your tickets now, as they are going to be completely gone soon. Tickets start from $119 at Stubhub. Pricy, but worth it if you’re the ultimate Taylor Swift fan.