Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Review

Counter-Strike Global Offensive - WallpaperAre you tired of playing Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3 and want a new First-Person shooter to play? Well, there’s a fairly new game that came out in 2012 called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Once again, this game was made by my favorite video game developer, Valve. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is pretty much a $15 upgrade of graphics and maps from the first Counter-Strike in 2000. The first Counter-Strike was a big hype in 2000 because, at that time, there were barely any FPSs, (First-Person Shooters), for anyone to play. Basically, Counter-Strike is an FPS where the Counter-Terrorists are fighting against the Terrorists on a given map and each are given guns, grenades and gear at the shop at their respective spawn areas.

The main two gameplay types consist of Defuse Mission and Hostage Mission. In Defuse Mission, the Counter-Terrorists try to defuse a bomb that the terrorists place at a certain point: Point A or Point B. And the Terrorists try to plant a bomb without the Counter-Terrorists defusing it or the time running out. And if either team kills every member of the opposite team before a bomb is defused or explodes, that team wins. And in Hostage Mission, the Counter-Terrorists have to save a hostage who is placed near the Terrorists spawn and return them safely back to their spawn before the time runs out. And the Terrorists have to protect the hostages and make sure the Counter-Terrorists don’t save them before the time runs out.

Although there is little character development in this particular game, it is a very fun and old-fashioned FPS that I think anyone that played the old FPSs like “Call of Duty,” “Rainbow Six,” and so on would love. One of the main reasons you may not have heard of it is because it is exclusively on Steam and limits many gamers because most famous FPSs are on console. But if you do have a PC or a Mac, then I recommend that you buy this game for just $15 on Steam.