Winter Game Guide 2013

2013 was the quintessence of shoot em’ up, action, and adventure games. Ranging from GTA V to even The Last of Us. And although this is true, I will be writing about my Top 5 favorite.

5. Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Ghosts, in my opinion, is the worst best game of the year. It was very strongly demanded by the gaming community, but it is just the the same old Call of Duty game like every year. This leads me to believe that Activision has run out of ideas for this franchise. Despite my wishes of them just to end the Call of Duty series once and for all, they will be releasing another Call of Duty next year in 2014.

4. Tomb Raider

In the new Tomb Raider game developed by Square Enix, there are several great elements such as: amazing graphics, great story and a lot of adventure. But there is one thing that Square Enix missed in their production of the game — sticking to the original story. In the original games, Lara Croft was a strong, brave and adventurous woman who went where she wanted and if anyone got in her way, they would have to pay. But in this game, she seemed more shy and afraid of the bad guys, and it just didn’t feel like the old Lara Croft. Overall, great game and I actually recommend that you buy it.

3. Batman: Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Origins is a fairly new game developed by Warner Bros. Games Montréal that was released on Oct. 25, 2013. Batman: Arkham Origins is a prequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City which were released respectively. The basic premise of this game is that it is several years before Arkham Asylum and Batman is young and undefined and is fighting crime on the streets while carving the path to becoming the Dark Knight. It is available for all consoles and is still around $60 as it is a new game.

2. Dota 2

Dota 2 is a fairly new game that was released on July 9, 2013 by the game developer, Valve. It is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) that was originally created as a mod for Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. Dota stands for Defense of the Ancients as in the game, you are trying to protect a fort at your base called an Ancient and so is the other team. You can chose to play on either the Radiant ot the Dire at the beginning of the game. The Radiant is the good side and the Dire is the bad side. You are fighting to protect three towers in your side of the base, the Top Tower, the Middle Tower and the Bottom tower. The other side has the same amount of towers as well. Once the other team has destroyed all of your towers or you have destroyed theirs, you can rush in and destroy the Ancient. There are shops and couriers that deliver certain items to you throughout the game that are sometimes imperative to your objective. It is free only on Steam so console gamers can not get it but if you have a computer then just download Steam for free, and then you can just buy it.

1. Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite is a first-person shooter released March 26, 2013 by Irrational Games and 2K Games. It is the third game in the Bioshock series and has a much different outlook than the first two games. You start out the game in a boat travelling with an argumentative couple towards what seems to be a lighthouse. You look in a box you are holding and a note is within. It says that you must find a girl and save her from a tower then your debt will be cleared. Bioshock Infinite is a very fun, action-packed game that will keep you playing with its amazing graphics, fun gameplay and great story. It is currently still $60 on every console as it is still sort of new so everyone can play.