What it means to C.A.R.E.

What it means to C.A.R.E.

Emily Mertink, Reporter

The first C.A.R.E. (Christ Among Rangers Everyday)  meeting of the year was last Friday. The leaders and members of the club shared their reasons for coming to C.A.R.E. and what they like about the club. C.A.R.E. meets every Friday in Dr. Deere’s room at 8:00am.

img_4242

Lydia Mertink

Q: What’s your favorite part about C.A.R.E.?

A: My favorite part about C.A.R.E. is being able to openly share my faith about Christ at school. I love being a part of a Christian community that really cares for each other and having a place where I can talk to people of the same beliefs and learn more about what the Bible has to say.

Q: How do you feel about being a leader?

A: God has given me the opportunity to be a Christ-like example and leader of the students in C.A.R.E. and it’s nice to lead and discuss the Bible with other kids in the club.

Q: What is your favorite Bible verse and how does it speak to you?

A: Psalm 98 (“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,

burst into jubilant song with music…”) I like this verse because it talks about raising your voice to the Lord, and I’m a singer. Singing is my favorite way to worship.

img_4244

Nicole Deere

Q: What is the best thing about C.A.R.E. in your opinion?

A: I love that kids from every denomination can come together to learn about Christ. It’s also great that students from all different activities in school can come to C.A.R.E., and you meet new people that you might not see on a regular basis.

Q: How is being a leader different than you thought?

A: It can be stressful sometimes knowing that you have to lead people in Christ. It’s more of a discussion format though so it’s not just me talking and that makes me feel good. I like to help everyone feel welcome to the club and lead the discussion.

Q: What’s a Bible verse that speaks to you and why?

A: 2 Samuel 6:14 (“Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might…”). This verse speaks to me because it’s sometimes hard to just appreciate what God has done for me instead of just asking for things from him. David is a good example of how Christians should rejoice and thank God for all he’s done for us.

img_4247

Katherine Rossmiller

A: Bringing people together from all denominations and talking about Jesus. I love being able to talk openly with other students about our beliefs.

Q: How does it feel being a leader of the club?

A: It’s a really unique experience. I have a really hands-on job picking the verses and lessons for each week.

Q: What’s your favorite Bible verse and why?

A: John 13:35 (“By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”)

This verse is my favorite because it defines how other people will know you love Jesus. By loving others people will know the love of Christ.