The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

The Last Good…

The last good…
…book I read was Star Wars Death Troopers.
I know what you’re thinking.
“Ohhh, a Star Wars book…NERD.”
But two things: first, nerds are awesome, and this isn’t your typical Star Wars book. What makes it so special, you ask?  Zombies.
That’s right, a Star Wars book with zombies. It currently and firmly holds first place at the top of my reading list. It’s only 265 pages, but every page has enough detail and plot to make a movie. Death Troopers has a complex story line with one problem after another.

“Trig and Kale Longo are two brothers, on a imperial prison barge called the Purge. The Purge breaks down in a distant, uninhabited part of space, its only hope seems to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting, derelict, and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back, bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours, nearly all aboard the Purge will die in ways too hideous to imagine. The Purge’s half-dozen survivors will do whatever it takes to stay alive, but nothing can prepare them for what lies waiting onboard the Star Destroyer amid its vast creaking emptiness that isn’t really empty at all. The dead are rising, soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.” (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Troopers)

I’ve read the book eight times, and it still gives me the chills. I would describe the book as a mentally graphic, suspenseful, horrific. Joe Schreiber, the author, really outdid himself on this one. I might just be a fan boy because even if you were to take out the Star Wars elements of this book, it would be just as awesome. “Star Wars Death Troopers” is one of my favorite books of all time, so when you’ve got some time, check it out. Halloween’s coming, so watch out for those zombies.