Catching Fire Hits Theaters

At midnight on Thursday, Nov. 21, “The Hunger Games” Series will return. The production of Catching Fire has been eagerly awaited by millions of fans. The popular book series, which are written by Suzanne Collins, is the base of “The Hunger Games” and “Catching Fire” films.

“I think it will do better,” sophomore Eric Barnes said. “Because there is probably more fans now than there was with the first movie.”

The film is directed by Francis Lawrence with the main characters, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, played by Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.

“The first was just really good,” freshman Jessica Minne said. “But I’ve always noticed with movie series that they get better each movie.”

In the nation of Panem,  Everdeen and Mellark start their journey back home after winning the 74th Hunger Games. Things get tentious and Panem soon notices a rebellion on the verge of starting.

“I think it kinda makes sense that they rebel because all the laws are stupid,” junior Ashtyn Cullen said. “Because you shouldn’t keep people so restricted and have so many rules because then they’re going to want to break them.”

All of the victors, including Everdeen and Mellark, will be called back when the 75th annual Hunger Games come back to fight again. Panem struggle in this battle between the rights of the people and how all these changes create more tensions.

“If it’s anything like the first one its going to do really really well,” Cullen said. “Because in my opinion the first one was really good because so I’m excited to see how the second one turned out.”