The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

Choir Performs at District Showcase

Choir is pushing the limits yet again this year, in both size and music.

The choir is host to almost 200 students with about 60 in both  A Capella and Chorale.

Beyond Ovation performing at all home football games, they performed at the Leander ISD Showcase along with Chorale and Sirens. The Oct. 4 showcase was a new performance by all the LISD choirs. The proceeds help fund private lessons and scholarships for student involvement.This event was the third in a series of four to promote the Fine Arts Departments District wide.

Choir also participates in Trunk or Treat, the canned food drive and performs at graduation at the end of the year. Choir hosts four major concerts throughout the year — a fall concert, a winter concert, a Pre-UIL concert and spring show.

“It’s kind of cool how no matter where we are we can bond,” junior Alaina O’Laughlin said. “It’s like a common thread.”

The choir also competes in contests throughout the year both solo and as a group. This past weekend they had district auditions which is the first round to making it to the TMEA All State choir.

At the end of the auditions, they had almost 75 percent of all choir members who advanced to All District Choir.

“When we finally finish a song, you know it’s finished because you can feel it,” O’Laughlin said. “It makes you feel very excited and good about yourself. You feel accomplished.”