FCCLA Places at State

FCCLA students recently traveled to Corpus Christi to do a presentation about Blue Santa and the the basketball game we had with the Grinch as well to showcase their talents and to expand their leadership potential.

Junior Olivia Chandler said her highlight was having the opportunity to go to Corpus and to experience something new.

Senior Kala Arnold said she was really nervous, but thought they did pretty well overall.

“Everything went pretty smooth, the judges really got involved in talking to us but it was still nerve racking,” Arnold said.

“Making sure everything was put together was the thing I was most nervous about, and presenting made me more nervous,” Chandler said.

Preparing for a big presentation can not only be stressful, but also making sure that you don’t forget anything is important.

“My feelings during the presentation were that I hoped we just do good and place,” Chandler said.

“As we were presenting, we had a few issues with the a program we were using because we weren’t really familiar with it but once we look online at tutorials it help us figure it out,” Arnold said.

FCCLA did a fantastic job in Corpus Sara Thomas, Destiny Vasquez, Olivia Chandler,and Sara Fish all placed with means they will go on to the next competition and compete to their journey to expand their leadership skills.

“I’m excited that after all of us being nervous, it all was worth it and I would do it all over again” said Chandler.

“I’m proud that everyone in our group work as a team as well as accomplished our goal, and I’m to see what the future holds for us,” Arnold said.