DECA Attends Spurs Game for Sports Marketing Day

The members of the Distributive Education Clubs of America took a trip on Nov. 6 to see the San Antonio Spurs play against the Phoenix Suns for DECA Day with the NBA. It was a close game, but the Spurs managed to take the win by a close three points, ending the game with the a score of 99-96. DECA got a further look into the sport, by talking to the Sports Marketing directors after the game.

“It was very fun,” junior DECA co-vice-president Kristine Chen said. “You get to sit courtside at the game, which is a treat for sports fans. We also get to talk to the sports marketing directors afterward.”

Not only does DECA take trips around Texas, but even the country, including Utah and Georgia to participate in competitions. They compete, do volunteer work, and even have holiday parties. DECA is a good club to join for anybody who is interested in college and career readiness.

“Anyone can join,” sophomore DECA member Tony Nguyen said. “It’s actually a lot of fun. You get to meet new people and learn about business.”

To join DECA, go to sponsor Dana Jones’ room, 2708 for an application and pay the dues.

“It’s both challenging and fun. Although competing is a lot of hard work,” Chen said. “It is very rewarding once you advance to the next level of competition. You get to meet fantastic people through this club, and if you comete, traveling is such a great experience.”