The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

Choir Students Audition for Pre-Area

Choir students advanced past the region auditions and auditioned for Pre-Area today, Dec. 3.

“The audition process is pretty difficult,” junior Hannah Killough said. “They only take five people for the area auditions so you really have to work for it.”

Killough and several other students said it requires much work and preparation to be ready for auditions. Out of 15 girls and guys from each voice part, only five make it to the area auditions. Several students start months in advance to practice.

“I usually get the music a while before school starts,” senior Brynn Bowman said. “I went to a choir camp over the summer and that really helped a lot.”

Getting first chair at the region auditions, Bowman hopes to maintain that spot because it is the best ranking a choir student can get. Bowman , Killough and several other choir members occasionally stay after school to practice their audition pieces. They have to learn about 10 songs that range from three to eight minutes long.

“I usually have to practice a lot before I’m ready for my audition,” Bowman said. “Going after school and practicing with friends helps me prepare.”

Several students around the district hope to make it into the all-state choir in February. The process takes several months and is a great way for singers to come together and share a common interest.

“Although several people don’t end up making it into the choir, it’s really cool to meet people who like to sing as much as I do,” Bowman said. “I really like singing and I hope a lot of people from our school make it into the choir.”

Choir Students Auditioning for Pre-Area

Brynn B.

Hannah K.

Kelli C.

Jenay L.

Alaina O.

Katie T.

Paul I.

Sahil S.

Paul J.

Julian J.

Luke B.

Justin A.