The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

Younglife Brings Life to Monday Nights

On Mondays at 7:59, Younglife leaders and students gather at a local home to learn about God, play games and have fun.

“In Younglife, we dance, play games and learn about a guy named Jesus,” sophomore Cassie Blevins said. “It’s a lot of fun; I never regret going.”

Everyone is welcome to come to Younglife. The club is a very fun and open environment for any student. Whether a student is new to the school, or just wants to meet new people.

“Younglife is for everyone. We want anyone to come, bring your friends or make new friends,” leader Maddie Fogel, who attends The University of Texas said.

Blevins said she  joined her freshman year, and has met so many people since. She said it was a great way to start high school.

For students who are looking  to get closer with the leaders, people or God, campaigners is a small group on Wednesdays.

“Campaigners is great because it’s a smaller group of just guys or just girls,” Fogel said. “Its a small group run by club leaders where we get to know each other, talk about different things and answer questions.”

Overall, if a student is interested in God, meeting people, or just wants something to do on Monday night Younglife is definitely something they should check out.

“The club is awesome,” Blevins said. “It’s crazy and fun and a great way to get away on a Monday night.”