Seniors, Submit FASFA to Win Private Showing of ‘Captain America’

Dalton Marshall, Reporter

The FAFSA is a form that qualifies students for federal and state financial aid, and the deadline is quickly approaching at midnight on Thursday, March 31.

The March 31 deadline is for a competition among Austin-area schools for the most filed submissions of the FAFSA. The winner receives a private showing of Captain America: Civil War at Alamo Draft House. If Vista Ridge wins, only seniors who filed for financial aid will be able to attend. Right now, Vista Ridge is neck and neck with Westwood, and the winner of the competition will be announced April 18.

Be sure to fill out the FAFSA for a chance at financial aid and a VIP showing of the new Captain America movie.

FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and the results determine student grants, work study and loan amounts to help students applying for college.

Up to 17 percent of college loans come from state governments because states routinely use FAFSA information while distributing financial aid cash, and many universities require the FAFSA to even be eligible for any scholarships. The FAFSA takes into account all financial assets and typically there is no negative impact. It is worth everyone’s time to fill out the FAFSA because no one can judge what all they will or won’t qualify for without going through the process and could be shortchanging themselves tens of thousands of dollars.