The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

Spring Break

Spring Break

With school underway once again, the thought on some students’ and teachers’ minds is simply, “When is the next break from school?” We did have a nice little three day weekend but that’s not near long enough. I mean, come on, only one day off? There needs to be another “BREAK” from school. For those of you who don’t know what I am hinting at, it is none other than spring break.

When spring break comes around, there is more than just excitement from students and faculty. Many people don’t know where to go and if they should fly or go on a road trip with a few of their friends and family.

When deciding where to go you must factor in your price range and the amount of time you can get away.  

Now I understand that most people would rather not have to travel far for a fun spring break so think local.

Some ideas that I have found to be enjoyable are downtown Austin where you can find any shop you may need to go to, and when the sun goes down there are plenty age appropriate places you may enjoy yourself. 

Another idea is going to the 360 bridge. This place is fun and exciting for you, your family and maybe a few friends, and it is very inexpensive. Its located on the outskirts of downtown on Lake Austin. The view is amazing and breath  taking if you enjoy nature.

Barton Springs is always on somebody’s list because it is a cool refreshing oasis that you can explore. If you think that you are pretty good with acrobatics there is also a diving board on which you can attempt stunts. Its only $3 a person, and it’s right next to Zilker Park.

For those of you who enjoy being with your pets outdoors, Zilker Park is an amazing place to enjoy time with your furry friends or play Frisbee golf. There is a full 18-hole course just for Frisbee golfers. You can park almost anywhere in the park, and it’s only $5.

Whether you have the money to travel to ideal spring break hotspots or not, you are always going to be able to find an inexpensive way to enjoy your break here in Austin.