The Golden Ticket is to Have School Spirit

Homecoming fever is sweeping the campus. From dishing out $40 for ribbon and cow bells to the mystery golden tickets hidden around campus, students seem to be fascinated or disgusted with the whole idea of sporting homemade T-shirts at the pep rally, cheering on their team under the Friday night lights or scrounging up a date for the dance, not to mention a dress.

It really all comes down to school spirit which is something I find very important. We, as students, should support our school in any way possible. We’ve got all these opportunities to create traditions like joining a club or even creating a new club, so we should take advantage of it and get involved. In the long run, I think having school spirit could change a person’s total outlook on high school. To me, there is nothing better than getting hyped up for a game or pep rally and in this case, the Homecoming dance.

I always assume that there will be those people that want nothing to do with Homecoming and other school sponsored events because they think it’s beneath them.  My question is, why? My dad always told me wherever you are is the place to be. That always made me a believer in the fact that dances and parties will always be fun if I make it fun for myself and the people around me.

I know everyone has different opinions, but high school is supposed to be fun. You only get to be a teenager once, so why not loosen up, embrace Homecoming and go to the dance with a date or some friends. Enjoy the night and dance.