Hoo-rain Hoo-rah: Rain has Fallen Upon Us

Texas has finally been experiencing rain and not just drizzle but full on flood-your-lawn rain. Nearly 10 inches of rain in Austin from Jan. 9 to jan. 22 and seven in Cedar Park. If you’re like me, you miss our lake. Then this little fact ought to make you smile —  Lake Austin is .68 feet away from being normal. Boat salesmen don’t have to be friendly anymore, we’re ready to go. Tubing, skiing, Bodyboarding, all those great things are no longer memories or dreams, thanks to mother nature.
Now we must remember, in January 2011 the lake hit less than 480 msl, and we nearly lost our lake. I may not be a hippie and don’t want to sound preachy, but for shucks sake is it that hard to save water y’all? Arizona is a desert and had more water than us. Come on, Austin. We need to save water. If restrictions are in place, follow them. Don’t take extremely long showers, fill up your dishwasher to the brim before running it and turn off any water not in use. I’m not a “tree hugger,” but I would like to keep living here. Humans need water and so do boats (wink wink), but seriously we can save some H2O. So ask yourself, who needs the water more? Your car in need of a wash or your boat rusting in your yard?