New Season, New Coach

Lacrosse started off its new season at the beginning of the semester, introducing their new coach, Joe Richardson, who plans to lead them to victories.

“Within the first day of lacrosse practice, [Coach Richardson] got all of the lacrosse players to learn new things,” varsity captain, Trey Peavler said.

Coach Richardson was the varsity captain of the Coppell HS team, leading them to win the THSLL DII State Championship in 2009, and the team is hoping for the same this semester.

“Coach Richardson seems to know what he’s talking and has a general better understanding of the sport Lacrosse,” sophomore John West said. “I even think we are going to playoffs!”

With a new coach, come new exercises and techniques. West said that they have begun hardcore practices every day of the week, and they have been working on their passing, ground balls and a little technique called “wall ball.”

“Wall ball is when you throw the ball at the wall, and it has to bounce back to you perfectly! It’s like your perfect best friend,” Peavler said.

The first game is on Saturday, February 18, against Vandergrift HS. Varsity play from 5- 6:30pm and JV will follow at 7- 8:30pm.

“[Students] should come and support us,” West said. “Everyone loves a little extra support!”