The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

Theater Presents Dracula Oct. 25-27

The theater department has been preparing for the Oct. 25 premiere of Dracula.The show will be Oct. 27 in the auditorium at 7:00 p.m. each night.

Junior Shimshon Zeevi, who plays Dracula, said this will be the turning point in the theater department.

Zeevi reads his script two to three times in a row, so he can really become his character. He said it helps him to understand and overcome his stage fright.
“When I prepare for a show, I like to find the root of the play, so I can see how my character is being portrayed,” Zeevi said. “My biggest fear is something random happening, which is not a good thing.”

Zeevi said he feels that the show is going at a steady pace, along with script memorization.

Director Dona Dye said she feels the timing is good for the showcase of Dracula, and she maintains a good attitude because she knows that she has hardworking good students.

“I rely on my students to be prepare and do their job” Dye said.

“The night of the showcase will be unpredictable, but a night that’s smooth sailing, calm with the occasional nervousness,” Zeevi said. “Everyone loves a good show.”

Tickets for students are $8, and faculty and staff are $10 admission which are available on campus starting Oct. 9 at all lunches and after school or at the door. For more information, you can call (512)-570-1864.