Random Ranger: Thomas Gunter

Raeann Fuentes, Reporter

Q: How is your school year going?

A: Fine, I’m doing well with my grades, and I’m enjoying all of my classes. Nothing really hard has come up. So far this year has been great.

Q: What are you involved with on campus?

A: I am involved in theater. I’m actually part of the play that’s going on. Also I’m in debate.

Q: What is the play, and what’s your role?

A: The play is “The Hollow.” I am just an understudy but will be sort of an extra throughout the play.

Q: That’s cool, do you want to pursue a career in film?

A: Yes

Q: An Actor or a Director?

A: An actor, of course.

Q: Why do you like acting? Have you always wanted to be an actor?

A: Ever since I was in sixth grade, I have known I wanted to be an actor. I enjoy it for many reasons. You can be anyone or anything with thousands of different personalities but still be yourself. When you’re acting you’re usually doing it with people so getting to grow on these characters and your castmates is a great experience that I love.

Q: What is your favorite movie and why?

A: “Star Wars episode VI.” I grew up watching Star Wars, and it is a big thing of mine. It is awesome because it brings and end to the entire trilogy in such an epic way.

Q: What was the first play or theatrical thing you did, and what made it special?

A: First play that I did was in middle school. It was called Law and Order: Fairy Tale unit. It took the idea of Law and Order and put it in a fairy tale like story. I played Pinocchio as well as two smaller roles. It was just fun to hangout with people in rehearsals and develop together. Also when we competed, I got an award for my performance.

Q: That’s awesome. What advice would you give to a beginning freshman?

A: For a freshman actor, I would I say work on becoming comfortable with things you’re not very comfortable with. For example, I struggle with comedy stuff, so I’m working on satirical acting. Start off with your weaknesses so you can improve and have fun.

Q: Are there any other hobbies you’re into?

A: I like gaming and hanging out with friends. Also, I lift weights.