Campus Happenings 2-8

NEW CAMPUS HAPPENINGS 

• The Ranger wrestling team won its 2nd consecutive District 26 Championship Saturday.  The rangers outscored 2nd place Westlake by over 40 points and qualified 10 wrestlers and two alternates for the regional wrestling tournament. Regional Qualifiers are:

103 lbs. Kevin Wilson District Champion

112 lbs. Cullen Martinez District Champion

119 lbs. Jake Wickman Alternate

125 lbs. Tyler Harrison District Champion

130 lbs. Isreal Bustos Runner-up

135 lbs. Stephen Crossman District Champion

140 lbs. Colby Wilson Runner-up

145 lbs. John Burns District Champion

160 lbs. Will Tweddell Runner-up

171 lbs. Hunter Field District Champion

180 lbs. Marshall Gunther District Champion

HWT.  Rhett Harrison Alternate

• The Vista Ridge FFA will be holding their monthly meeting tomorrow evening at 7 PM in Fowler’s room.  Guaranteed good time for any who come!

• Congratulations to the FCCLA members that will be advancing to state competition in April.

Holly Taylor and Taylor Campbell placed first in Chapter Service Project.

Brooke Taylor placed second in Teach and Train.

Suzi Byrd, Malena Thomas, and Caroline Pagette placed fifth in Illustrated Talk.

Emily Mangan was also elected and will be representing Vista Ridge as Region V Vice-President of Membership for 2010-2011.

• To all Spanish club members! starting this week we are having practices for the spring show, if you want to shake it, come this Wednesday to the lecture hall at 4 p.m.. Mrs. Adriana Villa, the choreographer has some moves to show you all. Also today we’re starting Adopt a hallway so remember to keep the cafeteria clean and make this world a better place!

• Rangers, Ridgeline, the world’s best school store is now selling 2 designs of Project Graduation shirts for $12 while supplies last.  You can also get your awesome class t-shirts for only $5!  Come by during all three lunches and get a shirt and a Jamba Juice!  Cash or checks are accepted.

• Attention all Rangers!  The Haiti Shoe Drive is still in full force thanks to many of those who have donated!  So keep them coming!  We still have another two weeks before shipping all the items so please continue bringing your gently worn shoes, boots and blue jeans!  Please remember to include a $2 cash donation also!  The French Club and the Diversity Club thank you immensely for your generosity thus far!  Drop off sites on campus are rooms 2616, 1705 and the cheer gym.

•  Attention Key Club members – There will not be a Valentine’s party today after school.

• The Ranger soccer team defeated Cedar Park this past Friday 3-1. Justin Franz had two goals and Khiry Shelton put in the other. Outstanding play from Luke Franks, Ivan Botello, Alejandro Gamez, and Edson Vasquez helped lead the Rangers to victory.

• Vista Ridge Athletic Booster Club Athletic Scholarship Forms are now available to all qualified seniors in the Front Office and the Guidance Office.  ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE TURNED INTO THE COUNSELOR’S OFFICE NO LATER THAN MARCH 1, 2010.

REPEATS

• Multimedia Gaming Club meeting will be Tuesday Feb. 9th.  Contest: game-play – present concept art ideas.  If you can use any Adobe program or can just draw, we need your help!  We always welcome new members so come by and we’ll help you help us!

Drop by Mrs. Koster’s room in C 407 4 pm.

• The Vista Ridge Cheerleaders will be hosting a Valentine’s Dance on Feb. 13th from 8-11.  Tickets are already on sale pre-sale tickets are $5 and $8 at the door the night of the dance.  You can buy them from any Vista Ridge Cheerleader or in the cheer gym B204 after school from Coach Monnie from now until February 12th.  We will be having a guitar hero tournament, dance contest and a best dressed contest.  We hope to see everyone there!!!

• Want to do something special for your special someone for Valentine’s Day? Now, for a limited time only, you have the opportunity to do all of this and more! RADD is delivering candy-grams on campus Friday, February 12 to spread the love and help you get your message heard. They will be available from February 4 to February 12 in the cafeteria during lunches, and are just $1. Don’t miss this chance to make Valentine’s Day memorable, get your candy-gram today!