The School Newspaper of Vista Ridge High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

Share

Everything For Everyone

Senior Telci Huynh Shares Her Many Talents
Tatum Pietrzak
Senior Telci Huynh plans to attend UTSA in the Fall with hopes to moving over to UT Austin after a year.
Senior Telci Huynh has been an active student in her four years at Vista Ridge High School. Singing in the choir, running cross country and track, and much more! (Telci Huynh)

Senior Telci Huynh is a well-known student at Vista Ridge. Whether students recognize her from running cross country, singing in the choir, MCing for pep rallies, being involved in her church, or even from being on TV, one thing everybody knows about Telc is that she is incredibly kind.

Huynh is involved in more things at Vista than most of us could imagine, but that doesn’t stop her from doing each thing well. She is in the two highest choirs at Vista: Choral and Ovation, and is on varsity for both cross country and track. 

“I would say cross country is my absolute favorite,” Huynh said. “I started running my sophomore year and have loved it ever since. This sport not only keeps me in shape but has brought me some of the best relationships I could ever ask for.”

Huynh has been in the choir at Vista for the past three years and in Ovation for the past year. She is an alto and one of the strongest singers in the program. Huynh always auditions for solo parts in group songs, and has also had solo or small group acts in three different concerts! She not only uses her voice in the school choir but is on the worship team at her church, one of the many ways she is involved there. 

“I’ve been at Northpoint for over a year, and my faith has grown immensely,” Huynh said. “I love serving at Northpoint events (Service, InsideOut, etc.) and worshiping God for the gifts he has given me.”

Huynh has the incredible gift of being an actress. She has been in the entertainment industry for over 14 years and has worked in commercials, short films and even TV shows for Disney: Nickelodeon, Netflix, Amazon Prime, NBC, and CBS. She plans to continue acting and learning even more at UTSA where she will go for her freshman year of college in the Fall. 

“I plan on attending UTSA through the CAP program and transferring my sophomore year to UT Austin. Hook Em’,” Huynh said. “As of right now, I plan on majoring in Nursing or Radio Television & Film. I’ve always known that I wanted to continue working in the industry, whether that was on screen or behind the camera. As for a career in the medical field, I want to serve others and provide for my family financially.”

While Huynh is involved in all of these very impressive things, the most impressive thing is her personality. She has incredible talent in many aspects of her life, but always stays very humble. Not only is she able to light up a room when she walks into it with her happiness, but if you walk into a room she can make you light up and feel so important and loved just by having one conversation with her. We could all stand to learn a thing or two from her, and when asked what those things would be, she said compassion and empathy. 

“Compassion and empathy are some of the most important characteristics to possess,” Huynh said. “These attributes are the key to navigating you throughout your senior year and life in general. I strongly believe that having a kind and genuine heart is one of the best qualities a person can have.”