Dance into the Holidays

The Star Steppers will host the Holiday Dance Spectacular in the cafeteria at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 13  to get into the holiday spirit with dance and music.

Star Steppers director Araceli Lopez said the show is just a night of fun for families by enjoying some Christmas spirit with their performances.

“Not only did the girls enjoy putting [the show]  together, we got a great audience reaction,” Lopez said. “So, we decided to make it a tradition.”

Last year’s first show was a success. A portion of the money earned was donated to Smiles for Sammy, and this year’s will be donated to Make-a-Wish Foundation. Also this year, H.E.B will donate Christmas trees that the dancers will decorate and donate to families who cannot afford a fully-decorated tree.

“All of us officers were huge fans of Christmas last year and wanted a way to express that,” First Lt. Hannah Taylor said. “Everyone loves the music, and we love dancing, so it seemed an obvious choice. The rest of the details were easy from there.”

Along with the Holiday Dance Spectacular, students in grades Pre-K-12 are invited to the holiday clinic on Saturday, Dec. 7. Students interested in participating will pay a $35 fee which includes lunch, T-shirt, certificate with picture and a CD. Completed registration forms must be completed by Nov. 29. Certain grade levels will be able to perform at the holiday show even if they don’t go to VRHS after participating in the holiday clinic.

“It was one of my favorite things we did all year,” Taylor said. “I know I will have fun, so I hope our audience will too.”

This year’s show will bring holiday spirit complete with hot chocolate and holiday snacks, singing and acting, and of course, dancing.