Volleyball Makes Playoff Run

The varsity volleyball team is in the playoffs for the first time in three years with a 26-18 (8-4) record. In 2008, they lost in a heart-breaking fifth game loss in the semi-finals.

“It feels amazing knowing that we’re in the playoffs for the first time in three years,” senior Shelby Coppedge said.  “I’m looking forward to it, but I’m also really nervous at the same time because I’ve never been to the playoffs before.”

Senior Ali Childress said the team is definitely nervous, but excited too.

Taking Lake Travis, the number one team in state, to four game and beating district rival Cedar Park, they finished number two in district.

“I think that our hard work and dedication, and a little bit of super power is what really helped us achieve our goal,” Junior Jenny Weise said.

Leadership is important on and off the court, especially when entering a hostile playoff environment.

“I think that Shelby (Coppedge) and Meredith (Crawford) are good leaders, whenever I’m playing bad during a game, or don’t know what to do. I’ll ask one of them, and they always have an answer for me,” Weise said.

The team played at Cedar Park last Thursday, where they dominated the Timberwolves in four games, securing a third place spot in district.

“I hope we do really good in the playoffs, and go as far as possible, but I’m just happy to be going to the playoffs,” Coppedge said.