Bells Will Ring With Opening Night

The fall show “Christmas Belles” opens tonight, and runs through Saturday  November 23 in the auditorium. Shows start at 7p.m. and tickets are $6 for students and $8 for adults.

“The fall play focuses on a group of citizens and families in Fayro, Texas who are involved in putting on the Christmas Pageant, but everything that could possibly go wrong, goes wrong,” freshman Moira Fuller said.

Sophomore Hannah Gray said the audience will have fun watching because the characters are all over the top.

The cast and crew have rehearsed almost every day after school for two months until 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. There are also Saturday rehearsals for about three hours every two or three weeks.

“The best part of being in a play like this is getting to meet all the upperclassmen and new people. We learn new skills while having fun,” freshman Halani Harber said.

The tech students on the crew also attended nearly every rehearsal, built sets, cued sound and lights and decorated the stage as well as the lobby.

“We sweep, dry and mop the stage, set up the opening set, fly in all the wings and extra curtains. We also get all the props and headsets in order, “ Fuller said.

Tickets for general admission is $8 or $6 for any LISD student, faculty, or staff member.

“I hope everyone does an amazing job at the performance. If you’re considering being a part of the theater department, just try drama club and improv team to start yourself off,” Harber said.

There is limited seating so make sure to either purchase tickets online or show up early to guarantee a good seat.

“I believe people should come to see “Christmas Belles” because it is family friendly,” senior Cassie Brawner said. “And the comedy is spot on.”