Speakin’ Knowledge

Vista Ridge Ranger Band members speak on their experiences and useful knowledge
Band
The final formation of the 2023 production “ICON” by the Vista Ridge Ranger Marching Band.

Whether you’re a new member or an experienced member it is expected to have the same passion and work ethic. Although the expectations are high the Ranger Marching Band works extremely hard; rehearsing for countless hours after school.

“We have been on an upward growth in the past 3 years that I expect to keep growing,” junior Gabriella Romero said. Vista Ridge Ranger Band was named State Champions in 2018 and placed 12th in the BOA Grand Nationals finals.

“Make sure to have the right mindset going into the season,” freshman Kaito Burt said.

Preparing for marching band is crucial to the season, whether it’s walking outside or going for a run it will prepare you for hours in the severe weather.

“To prepare for marching season, be sure to go outside, be used to exercise/heat, and drink plenty of water,” junior Enrique Lopez said.

Freshmen should be excited in addition to being prepared for their first marching band season. They should expect high standards and be ready to give high effort.

“For incoming freshman, I would like to say if you are thinking about quitting, give high school band at least a year because I can guarantee that more than half of the seniors thought about quitting band but they stuck through and didn’t regret it,” junior Gabriella Romero said. “With the community and the way it challenges you, it’s hard not to love. Lastly, let every moment sink in and enjoy it because you will make your best memories here.”

The Ranger Band is a fantastic program that inspires students to work hard and grow in many ways besides the band activities.

“Marching band is very inspiring with how it pushes you to new extremes you didn’t know you could reach,” Romero said. “It is so satisfying at the end of the season when you realize that you did it, you put all your blood, sweat, and tears into it and gave it your all.”