Time to get Creative

Time to get Creative

Catherine Rogers, Editor

Hoping to shed light on the talent of the student body, Creative Minds encourages students to embrace their inner passions and unique abilities. Junior president Rebekah Schulte aims to build a close-knit, creative community.

“I want the members of Creative Minds to get comfortable with people and their talents,” Schulte said. “I hope to inspire them to go forward with their talents in the future and possibly make a career out of it.”

As a pioneer member of the club herself in its early years, Schulte discovered the greater impact that Creative Minds has had on her own career goals and ambitions and hopes to expose this revelation to others.

“I want to be a journalist and being in Creative Minds and taking Creative Writing made me realize how much I really do enjoy writing,” Schulte said. “It’s very much influenced my final decision of wanting to be a journalist.”

At the moment, plans for a doggie drive are along with participating in the FCCLA carnival on Dec. 3. The club meets every Monday during Ranger Time in Mr. Modesty’s room #2711.

“Students can get involved by just coming to the meetings and supporting,” Schulte said. “They don’t have to pay the dues just yet, they can feel it out first, and if they want to be a part of it they can.”